Program Assistants (PAs)
Program assistants are an important component to any successful CanSkate program.
The responsibilities of a PA may include:
• Assist the Skate Canada coach in delivering the program on‐ice and off‐ice
• Demonstrate skills and teaching progressions
• Supervise practice sessions
• Lead warm‐ups and cool‐downs under the direction of the Skate Canada coach
• Reinforce learned skills (follow‐up on coach instruction)
• Lead circuits, drills, group activities
• Distribute awards (stickers, badges, etc.)
• Take attendance
• Be a role model for young skaters
Candidates must demonstrate:
• A helping nature
• Patience with children
• An ability to communicate ideas clearly
• A sense of commitment to tasks
• Qualities of a good role model
• Ability to lead activities in a creative and enthusiastic manner
Our club is always looking for new PAs. We welcome university students, adults and former skaters. We offer a Program Assistant Training each year before the Winter Season.
PAs need to be available to commit to come out for the same session each week for a ten week program. It is each PAs responsibility to find a replacement in the event that they cannot make it.
If you are interested in helping our club as a Program Assistant, please contact our CanSkate Coordinator for details: Nicole Gee: firstname.lastname@example.org